About

I grew up in a small town at the end of Highway 101 on the Sunshine Coast called Powell River. I spent the majority of my high school years dancing competitively, and in my last two years of high school I earned myself a teaching position at the dance studio for beginner classes. I spend my free time deep-sea ocean fishing with my dad, hiking sections of the Sunshine Coast Trail (the longest – and only free – “hut-to-hut” hiking trail in Canada, measuring at 180km from end to end)*, spending time up Powell Lake at the cabin, and taking drives up logging roads in hopes of finding a better viewpoint of the mountains, lakes and ocean on every trip.

This is my first year in university, and I am so far loving my decision of attending TRU. My long term university goal is to finish 8.5 years of schooling to become a high school counselor. From this class I hope to obtain a greater knowledge of the origins of Canada, as well as a new way of looking at historic events. I hope to improve my critical thinking skills from analyzing history, and be able to apply that skill to my future career in counselling.

I won’t lie, I took this class to meet a requirement and was not looking forward to it. But now, I am glad I took this course because of all I have learned; even things that aren’t related to history. Tracy has made my learning experience an easy one, and a 2-hour lecture with her first thing in the morning isn’t something that I dread!

I am looking forward to what the rest of this semester will bring!

*http://sunshinecoast-trail.com/